Founding Attorney Patricia Kuendig pursued law out of a desire to help people when they needed it most. For the first few years of her practice, Patricia worked on complex divorce and family law matters from her office in Miami, FL. She credits that experience with her comfort and confidence in the courtroom, as well as at the negotiating table. Then, her mother passed away in a bus accident. Patricia filed the wrongful death lawsuit herself. She has been helping accident victims with their personal injury suits ever since.
Patricia is a licensed attorney in Utah (2012), Georgia (2013), and Florida (2005). She is also admitted to the United States District Court for the District of Utah and the Middle District of Georgia. While working on her J.D. at George Washington University, Patricia interned for a U.S. District Court Judge and the U.S. Department of Justice. Her time in school may be done, but as a lifelong learner, she is always looking for new ways to help her clients.
Through hard work and determination, Patricia has distinguished herself in the legal community. She is the youngest member on the faculty of the Houston Family Law Trial Institute. Along with several publications and awards to her name, she has given lectures on a variety of trial-related subjects for organizations such as the Utah Association for Criminal Defense Lawyers, The Georgia Bar, and the Oklahoma State Bar's Family Law Section. In September 2014, Patricia was honored to present on “First Impressions and Voir Dire" for 360 Advocacy's program titled "Trial Skills from the Woman's Perspective" in New Orleans, LA.
Patricia earned a B.S. from New York University’s Stern School of business and a J.D. from George Washington University.
Admissions and Professional Affiliations
- Florida – State and Federal Courts (2005)
- Utah – State and Federal Courts (2012)
- Georgia – State and Federal Courts (2013)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Family Law Section, Utah State Bar & Florida State Bar
- Utah Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (UACDL)
- Utah Association of Justice (UAJ)
- Park City Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Utah
- Park City Women’s Business Network
- Utah Family Law Journal, Editorial Board (2012 - 2015)
- Utah Bar, Young Lawyer's Division, Director (2012 - 2014)
- Faculty, Houston Family Law Trial Institute (2013 - 2015)
- Florida Bar Family Law Section
- Executive Council (2010 – 2012)
- Co-Chair, Publications Committee (2010 – 2011)
- Chair, Sponsorship Committee (2009 – 2012)
- Florida Bar Family Law Rules & Forms Committee, Member (2010 – 2012)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL), Miami-Dade Chapter, Director (2008 – 2010)
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Jacksonville, FL, Director (2011)
- KidSide, Inc., Director (2008 – 2010)
- YWCA of Greater Miami, Director (2010)
Awards and Recognitions
Hiring Family Law Forensic Psychological Experts - How to Maximize the Results, Minimize the Costs, (Co-Authored with Jonathan Gould, Ph.D. & Roger Dodd, Esq.), California Family Law News, Issue 4, 2013
Chapter 10, Interspousal Tort Liability, in ADOPTION, PATERNITY AND OTHER FLORIDA FAMILY LAW PRACTICE, The Florida Bar, 9th Ed., 2010 & 2012
Legal Protections for Cohabiting Couples: The Law and Living Together, (Co-Authored with Joshua Goldglantz, Esq.), Florida Family Law Commentator, Summer 2010The Re-Definition of Family
, FAMSEG, October 2010